Who do I have to support me?
- All students enrolled in the Independent Study program must meet with their supervising teacher twice weekly for a 30 minute face to face conference.
- All students are required to meet with the independent study counselor twice a semester.
What does the learning look like?
- All students are assigned a weekly contract and are required to complete a minimum of 20 hours weekly.
- If a student does not complete the minimum 20 hours of work weekly, they are issued a letter of concern. After the third letter of concern is issued, the student is referred back to their home school.
How is the material/homework presented?
- Course work assigned is A-G compliant and will be either paper based materials using a textbook or online learning through Edgenuity.
Is it separate from Buena Vista's main campus?
- We are located at the front of campus in Room 2.
- All students must follow district/school policy, regarding dress code, cell phones, and codes of conduct.
- Students are still invited to award ceremonies, graduation, and other campus events.