Paramount Unified School District
Buena Vista High School
Title I Compact:
Student - Parent - Teacher - Principal Agreement
We understand that in order to promote student learning and success, we must work as a team. This agreement is a promise to work together to foster each student's intellectual, emotional and physical growth. When students, parents, teachers, and administrators work in concert, they truly become partners in learning.
As the student, I realize my education is important I know I am the one responsible for my own successes. I agree to carry out the following responsibilities to the best of my ability:
• Attend school and be on time.
• Respect others and demonstrate positive behavior.
• Follow school rules, dress appropriately, and keep the school clean.
• Participate with parents and teachers to make school an enriching experience.
• Have a positive attitude about myself and my education.
• Complete all school work and homework on time.
• Read daily at home.
• Seek assistance from school staff anytime I have a question or concern.
As the parent, I understand that by participating in my child's education. I will help my child succeed. I will be responsible for supporting my child's learning in the following ways:
• Get involved in my child's education through attendance at parent workshops, school events, and if time permits, volunteer my time at school or through parent organizations.
• Regularly support, encourage, and share homework, discipline and attendance policies with my child.
• Ensure that my child receives adequate sleep and a well-balanced diet.
• Provide a quiet, well-lit place for studying, reading and completing homework.
• Praise my child's good efforts.
• Promote respect for others and encourage good study habits.
• Monitoring my child's use of media (television, radio, computer).
• Ensuring my child arrives at school on time.
• Ensuring that my child completes and submits all school work and homework regularly and on time.
• Encourage my child to participate in healthy and positive extracurricular activities.
As the teacher, I understand the importance of a high quality education for each student and my responsibility to be a positive role model I will support students in the following ways:
• Promote self-worth by providing a welcoming, supportive, nurturing, and safe learning environment where all perspectives are valued.
• Become knowledgeable of school/community resources to better meet the needs of students and families,
• Provide engaging and challenging instruction through quality curriculum and instruction that is based on State content standards and that addresses the needs of all students.
• Establish and maintain open and on-going communication with students and parents.
• Respect and validate cultural and linguistic diversity.
• Build upon student's prior knowledge and strengths.
• Integrate technology into my lessons.
As the principal, I understand and support the importance of a high quality education for each student and my responsibility to be an effective leader and will:
• Create a welcoming environment for students and parents.
• Support the school's mission, goals, discipline guidelines and rules.
• Ensure a safe and orderly learning environment
• Act as an instructional leader by supporting teachers in the classrooms.
• Provide parents the opportunity to volunteer, participate in and observe classroom activities.
• Facilitate frequent and on-going communication between parents and teachers through activities including conferences, progress reports and reasonable access to staff.
• Be available to meet with any concerned parties regarding issues related to school programs.